Thursday, March 24, 2016

Coconut Oil - Best Beauty Product!



I initially decided to write about my top 5 beauty tips today, that clearly didn't happen. As I started jotting down my points for my first beauty tip I decided that I had too much to say and it demanded it's own blog post. This product is tried and true love of my life and I can't go a day without it. What is this magical product? Coconut Oil, the answer to everything! 



There are a million different ways people use coconut oil both for beauty and cooking purposes. I am going to share the ways I use it in my everyday life. First of all if you don't own a bottle of unrefined extra virgin coconut oil, you need to right now. It is affordable, easily accessible, and you will find a use for it. 


 


The first way I use it is as a face mask when I want to deeply moisturize my skin. I went through a phase of slathering it on my face every single night because I was obsessed with how my skin looked and felt in the morning. If you have extra dry skin you can get away with using it as a nightly moisturizer! It is more hydrating than any moisturizer you can buy at the store and its moisture is able to deeply penetrate your skin. If you feel as though it is too heavy for your face you can use it very lightly or add a few drops to your regular moisturizer to add that extra boost of hydration. It doubles as an eye cream when you add a layer under your eyes! I love doing this before bed as it gives the area the moisture it needs for a flawless concealer application the following morning.  




It is an amazing body moisturizer as well. My legs suffer from extreme dryness in the winter and this product is the only thing that stops the nasty flakiness and itch. 

Another way I use it is as a makeup remover. Stop spending money on all these makeup removing products! This oil will take it all off. From the foundation to the water proof mascara it decomposes the products when you rub it on the skin. All you need to do is wipe or wash it off and it leaves you with a clean face. Even after you go over it with cleanser to wash your skin you still get the light feeling of moisture from the oil. It does an amazing job and is really easy to use. You can't go back to any other form of makeup remover! 

My hair is on the drier side as it is naturally more curly. I struggle with the annoying frizziness that comes along with it. Coconut oil was obviously the answer all along. I use it as a deep conditioner drowning my hair in it and washing it out after a few hours. No store bought deep conditioner can compare. I also mix a few drops in with my regular conditioner, my hair needs all the hydration it can get. When I need to tame frizz I take a few drops and run it through my dry ends. 

Out of shaving cream? Don't buy a new one...ever! Coconut oil does an amazing job at taking it's place. You get the benefit of giving your legs the extra hydration from it too! 

These are just some of the many uses for this miracle product. I highly recommend trying it for yourself! 

Thanks for reading! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Mashallah! I never knew you could use coconut oil as a shaving cream! Thank you for sharing all these awesome tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try it! Thank you for reading. :)

      Delete