Thursday, November 19, 2015

Things I Would Tell My Younger Self!




This is something I've been thinking a lot about. I try not to live with regrets but lets be honest, we always look back on the things we did  and how we would have done things differently if we knew then what we know now. My experiences did help shape the person I am today, and I am grateful for that as I continue my journey of self-improvement. If I could tell my younger self a few things this is what I'd say.


  Your voice and opinions matter, speak up! - This is something I wish I could drill into my 16 year old head. I was a shy mute with very low self esteem  that was often taken advantage of. There is nothing wrong with being a quiet reserved person. The problem arises when it gets in the way of being true to who you are. Say no when necessary, don’t agree if you disagree. Speak your truth girl! 

   
  Choose your friends wisely - Your group of friends will have a huge influence on you, hang out with people you want to be like and choose wisely. No one is worth your happiness. Don't worry, you will find your people :)


  Don't be a pushover - You can let others walk all over you and they still won’t realize your value. Learn the word "No" and use it when necessary. It is important for people around you to know that you stand your own.


  Take more pictures - I was very insecure about the way I looked when I was young all through high school. This was the reason I avoided cameras and pictures. I was not one of those girls that had Facebook and would upload selfies regularly. I stayed away from anything that had to do with it. Now when I want to look back on the past I have no pictures to look at. I have baby pictures, grade school pictures, and current ones! No in-between  I love pictures now and I love looking at ones that bring back memories. I wish I did then too! 


  It is better to stand out than fit in - You don’t have to do what everyone else is doing. There is nothing wrong with you, embrace your flaws and personality you are meant to be unique. We all have our own path and it is okay that yours is completely different than the people around you. Take pride in who you are.


  Don't get attached - Change in inevitable.The most unexpected things about your life will change constantly so don’t get attached and embrace life as it comes.


  Everything happens for a reason - You might not know “why”now, but it's for the best. Everything will fall into place at the right time. Trust the timing of your life. 


   Don’t be afraid to express yourself - Dress the way you want, experiment with fashion and makeup. You are still figuring out who you are and what you want. 


Lastly, I am going to end off with a quote as I am clearly obsessed with them: "It's not how you start its how you finish." We all still have a long way to go. :) 

Thank you for reading! Please comment and let me know, what would you tell your younger self?









10 comments:

  1. Hi! You have a nice blog! Kisses.
    thepearlstyle.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly said! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel like you should have an audio version :) im sure you have a friend who would be AMAZING for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm sure I do. I'll keep that in mind. :P

      Delete
  4. Hi, Maryam. I love this post, especially the last quote you wrote, hopefully I won't forget that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Thank you so much for reading. :)

      Delete